Thursday, February 20, 2014

Yesterday

Bula!

So, yesterday was finally my first day of classes, and oh boy, was it a hectic day. My first class, U.S. in Asia and the Pacific, was at 8 am. Because I still am learning my way through campus, I thought it would be a good idea to leave my room around 7:30 so I'd have some extra time. I was right that it was a good idea, because at 8:10 I still couldn't find the stupid classroom. My schedule was messed up though and this class overlapped with my two others on Wednesdays, so I figured since I was switching out of it anyway it wouldn't hurt to just give up my sweaty and frustrated search. Few things stress me out more than trying to find where I'm going when I don't know where I am.

My next class, Literary Criticism, was right after at 9 am. This one also took me about 20 minutes to find the classroom, but I actually made it with 5 minutes to spare. Wouldn't you know it though, after all that hard work, the teacher never showed up and we all just left anyway. So far it had been a rough start and I was short on patience.

My 3rd and supposedly final class of the day was at noon, so I went back to my room to take a short nap before embarking out onto campus again to resume my struggle. One of my roommates, Hazel, who has been at USP for a few semesters now, asked me what building it was in before I left. I told her my schedule said the CRC (I don't even know what it stands for), and her response was, "The CRC? That's the bar!" So I figured this class would be interesting. When I finally got there though (turns out class was just next to the bar), all we did was sign our names and that was it. So, I just spent my entire morning walking around and still had yet to actually sit through a class. I

I did go to the International office right after though, to switch my history class to another one that would actually work with my schedule. I joined the Colonization of the Pacific class, because it's required of me to take a class relating to Pacific history or culture while I'm here. I had only missed one so far because they met on Tuesday, but the next class was at 4 that afternoon, which meant my day of "classes" wasn't over yet. This one I had a much easier time finding, and it turns out that most of the people in my program are also in that class, so I actually had some familiar faces.



No comments:

Post a Comment