Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A weekend in pics

Bula, friends and family!

Well, I think I found heaven on earth this weekend. A dozen friends and myself all took a weekend vacation to Leleuvia Island and it was the most beautiful place I've ever been. I'm really not in the mood to write today, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here we go.

We had to take a 45 minute bus and a 25 minute boat ride to get out there, so this was my first good view of the island.
Almost there...

As soon as we got off the boat and onto the dock, we could look down and see coral. The water was so clear it was like glass.

We divided up and stayed in 3 bures, which are pretty much just huts on the beach with a couple beds thrown in there. They were okay, but the resort cut off electricity at midnight, meaning the fan went off. It was hard to sleep in these because of it, but whatever.

I still can't get over how gorgeous the water was.

I stole these pictures from Bre because she has an underwater GoPro camera, but this is what I saw. I spent a good several hours snorkeling this weekend and it was absolutely amazing.

Sunrise over the beach was pretty sweet too.

A few hours after we got back on Monday, USP hosted a Holi Festival of Colors. Holi is an Indian holiday to celebrate unity. Food, live Indian music from students, and of course, the colors and dancing were all part of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment