Thursday, March 13, 2014

Adjustments

Things I've gotten surprisingly used to over the last month and a half:

  • Sweating
  • Whole milk
  • Hardly ever wearing makeup/ doing my hair
  • Being the only white person in sight
  • Cold showers (I actually choose this too)
  • Taking taxis or buses everywhere that's out of walking distance
  • Hearing conversations in passing and having no clue what they're saying, let alone what language they're saying it in
  • Suva's tap water
  • No air conditioning
  • Hanging my clothes out to dry (no dryer)
  • Bugs always in the kitchen
  • Tuna
  • Being stared at
  • Construction noises outside the dorms at all hours of the day
  • Sleeping with only a sheet
  • Walking in the rain
  • Fiji time (it's very real - nobody is in a hurry or on time for anything)
Though I will never get used to the mosquitos. The windows and doors are always open to let in a breeze, so there's no escaping  them. I HATE THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment