Sunday, March 23, 2014

Beach bums & nothing more

Bula, Americans

Perhaps you've also noticed the trend of this blog, in which I really only update after the weekend. I didn't mean to do it that way, that's just how it's happened, because not much exciting really goes on during the week. I'm tempted to make a post with pictures and stories of my mundane, everyday activities on a Wednesday or something.

After our big trip to Leleuvia last weekend, this weekend was much more low key. I didn't have class on Friday, so the weekend started off Thursday night by going out for happy hour with some of the girls in my apartment, which turned into staying out much past happy hour when everybody else decided to hit the town too (sorry, Ma).

Friday night was just a movie night and hanging out with friends, and I remember now that Ice Cube movies suck. Nothing special, but a lovely night nonetheless.

Yesterday, though, almost everybody in 10th hall took a trip to the beach. It was a public beach close to Uprising, the resort we stayed at the first week in Fiji. It had nothing on Leleuvia's waters, but it's a beach in Fiji so I'm not going to be the one to complain. The waves broke on shore and were much bigger, and I felt like I was 10 years old on a summer Florida trip again while playing in them. No big activities like surfing or paddling this time, just a day of sun and sand. Maybe a little too much sun and sand though, because by the time I got off the bus and back to the apartment around 5, I headed straight to bed exhausted and with a migraine. I only meant to take a nap, but it ended up being almost 5 hours long, and might have lasted longer if Sami didn't call me asking where I was (they were having a party I forgot about).


In other news, our water is back on! Most of eastern Viti Levu had the water shut off yesterday for maintenance or something around 6 pm, and it didn't come back on until around that time today. I spent the day stinky and in need of a shower, and you wouldn't believe how incredibly disgusting the bathroom got (8 people, 3 toilets that don't flush... you get the picture). Fiji life, I suppose. Things just don't always work here.



No comments:

Post a Comment